Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother’s Day

I lost my mom in college, now 24 years later I still think about her on a daily basis, especially with Mother's Day approaching. Like many women who lost their mom, I felt alone and wandered through life for years. I found solace and comfort whenever I spoke with women her age (She died at 54), her friends, and especially with other women who lost their moms. They understood the hollow, emptiness a woman feels without mom.

Her absence was extremely painful when I became a mom, I wished for her guidance and her hand to hold me when labor labored on. Just her touch, I knew would cure the pain of contractions but she didn't arrive by miracle instead my beautiful son did.

But she lives inside me in some ways and that I hold dear to my heart. I apparently have her round face and God was gracious enough to bless me with her age spots, lol.

Quite frankly, you are blessed if you still have your mother with you today and tomorrow, I will celebrate her for simply being my mom with memories. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: