Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Things I could live without!

I could live without loot bags for birthday parties. I get into this conundrum about its contents. For over ten years I had this issue with loot bags. I tried high end, cheap, healthy, unhealthy, unique, odd and one time one item thingy in place of a loot bag. My kids came home with real fish in a bowl, movie passes, candy, toys, and even individualized age appropriate loot bags. Bless my sister-in-laws. I love the personal approach they give to each and every loot bag but frankly, most times I don't have it in me to do. This year my little one and I strode the aisle of a nameless everyday store and just grabbed things off the shelf. To my astonishment, he didn't seem to mind. He had no preference over the type of toys or treats. Honestly, it didn't register on his list of important items. What he did point out was his birthday wish list as we aimlessly strolled the toy section. The same amount of enthusiasm went into his choice of venue and I was left to figure that out too. So really it's the parent(s) who get bent out of shape for the perfect loot bag. Honestly, loot bags have been on my mind for the past month or so. Should I include one of the hottest gizmo toys for each of his pals or should I go middle range. One year Hot Husband made me give all baseball bats without realizing the majority of attendees were little girls. That went over well when they discovered you could use it to hit someone rather than play baseball. Uggghhhhhh. Needless to say, I am on my way to complete the loot bags %*^&^%$#@**^ Have a great day.

No comments: