Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reinventing Myself


I am updating my resume and prepping for upcoming interviews and I thought oh sh@# how am I going to explain the past ten years on my resume. It's not like I was a stay-at-home mom, which I would have loved to do. But I did tend to immature adults and many tantrum throwing men and a few women, too. There were many days it felt like I worked with children but you cannot tell a potential employer this, no more than you can bad mouth former bosses.

Then this thought came to me:  when asked what I did for the past ten years, I would reply "worked for family" and the interviewer would ask "why didn't you include it on your resume?" I will respond politely with "because it took me ten years to learn not to work for family!"

Have a great day.

No comments: