Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Whirlwind of a Week

The past week was crazy in my neck of the woods. There was 1 Hurricane, 2 earthquakes, 1 foreclosure in the hood, 1 new job, 1 lost job and emotions all over the place.

As Irene blustered through the Northeast, we forgot about the earthquakes earlier in the week and focussed on the storms wind and rain that for many left a heap of mess behind. Irene overshadowed the loss suffered by a friend who lost her house during this week too. Very sad, I feel for her and her teenage son.

To keep the week churning, my hubby started a new job on Monday and was let go on Thursday evening from a very odd company. But Irene took my mind off all of it as the winds picked up and the rain started pouring and for the next 12 hours I enjoyed the candle lit evening playing cards, talking and laughing with my boys. It's a sure sign the week ahead it going to be great. Enjoy

No comments: