Sunday, June 20, 2010

So When Did I Become My Mother

This morning I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and noted my sagging breasts. If you think small breasts don`t sag give me a call. In the instant my brain registered this I thought of my mother, who by the way, left out her breast gene while conceiving me. It was then I asked ''when did I become my mother?''

It`s not such a bad thing to be my mom. My memories of her vibrancy and life cutoff 23 years ago when she passed at the age of 53. Yet, I recall her body frame, go figure. Now a mother and wife, I see some similarities with my mom like our love of clothes. Just the other week, one of the Doe`s confessed I reminded her of Mommy with my sense of style. But it was the glimpse of her I seen in the mirror.

So becoming my mom is all that bad, as long as I don`t pin curl my hair. Good Day.

No comments: