Sunday, June 27, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

I wish BUSY, BUSY, BUSY meant my phone line.

But as June comes to an end so comes one of the busiest months of the year and I am sure for many people.

The month began with coming home early from work and studying with both my boys as the final exams picked up, along with a very busy lacrosse schedule with games and practices almost every night and Hot Husband practicing with two bands keeping away three nights a week. All this not including getting to work.

The next week, my teenager who is completing his first year of high school and writing his exams threw a monkey wrench into my plans by driving and picking him up with his erratic schedule.

The next week, began on a sad note and equally as busy, as my youngest's project was on display for an open house and work was just plain crazy, working longer hours to assist my boss. By the end of the week I had a school BBQ and lacrosse game at the same time equally important and a must to attend and then Hot Husband played with his new band requiring my attention and presence, too. I did mention during this crazy week, my hours got longer at work and I had a teenager who refused a sitter because he's in high school by my side. Two of my Doe sisters celebrated their birthday on the same day and I had lunch with one and two presents.

By the weekend, I was downright wiped out but the fun only began, I had a party and lacrosse practice consecutively, Hot Husband chauffeured the little one to his playoffs and to our city's Fun Day. But another sad note with tragedy falling on a close relative which pretty much set my mood for the weekend. Around noon I called and cancelled out of the BBQ and slept for an hour. Then we had company come early and leave late. The next day we were up at camp for parents day which just so happens to fall on Hot Husband's birthday and Father's Day.

My Monday of the following week summed up was intense, sad, very sad and mournful, exciting, and downright busy. I was away from the office three days in a row. But as this month comes to a close, I am fortunate to have a very supportive husband and equally supportive family. I also celebrate the birth on my son who wishes he was a teenager too with my family and friends.

Even though June is crazy and sometimes unbearable I cherish all the moments, even the quiet ones. Have a great day.

No comments: