Friday, May 14, 2010

Toxic Friends

Recently I came across an article about toxic friendships. To be honest I did not really read it in entirety, wishing now to read it. Today, I experienced what one could label a toxic friendship and just realized it's been like this forever.

In short form, I noticed yesterday my friend lets call her DoePhin sneakingly went behind my back. For what reason? What was she to gain? One upping her friend. In a perplexing daze, I set up harmless trap to see where Doephin would take it. This morning to my less than surprised self, I got it, finally. Like a child flustering for attention, she tattled on me.

Actually, her behavior never wavered, I am the one who chose not to dwell on her less than ideal qualities. Is this a toxic relationship? The anger and disbelief is directed at me, kicking myself in the soul.

So what is a Doe to do in a situation like this. Well, I thought for a while about revenge but remember some saying that its similar if not the same as to agression, yadayada. I vow to stay clear of her and let the friendship fade out over time. Like my resolve at turning forty, I am keeping the positives and dropping the negatives.

Relief.

No comments: