Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Masons & Me

Yesterday I woke from a startling dream about the Masons. Before I get to the dream let it be known since reading the Di Vinci Code by Dan Brown years ago, my fascination with them is heightened.

On a trip the year before my dad passed away we drove to Detroit for a family wedding. To keep the to conversation going thus making the drive seem shorter, I engaged my dad in highlights from the book. My neurotic enthusiasm probably just about drove him over the edge. He finally confessed his brother was a Mason to my utter astonishment. By then, he opened a can of worms and must have regretted ever telling the daughter who never stops talking.

Fast forward to yesterday morning at 6am when I woke from this weird dream. Basically the dream entailed returning a scared book to the Masons in New York City. The sequence of events included some of my Does and my two sons.

Upon entering the Masonic Temple in Times Square, we were guided up a beautiful cream marble staircase in a place that looked similar to Ripley's Believe It or Not store with all the trappings of Mason handiwork.

Basically I was chosen to become a Mason. In my dream I remember saying No! No! Make my sister a member not me, shoving the book in her hands, thinking all I needed was another club to added to my already busy schedule. In a desperate plea to avoid membership, I protested that women were not allowed to be in the Masons to no avail. Some dream.

Later that day, I retold the dream to a Doe and we got a chuckle out of it without a doubt that dream definitely will not come true. Good night and sweet dreams.


No comments: