Monday, May 3, 2010

Colds and Nightmares

This weekend a head cold decided to visit me for the weekend. It dropped by on Friday afternoon without any warning, it's usually modus operanti. Friday left my boys in a quandary and wondering what to do for the evening with mom in bed. Off they went to the movies. Hot Husband despite missing a day at the office went to his Rock Band practice. That night brought a restless sleep and my body up around 7am.

In the shower in an attempt to wash away the germs that plagued me to no avail and out the door by 8:45 to sign the little one up for summer camp. Back home two hours later to pick up my older one and try and make a food grab at the local Costco and get lunch. Not nutritious but food in their bellies. The worst is having two hungry boys, no energy to prepare lunch and no food in the pantry. Then back home to bed. That night the cold began to subside replaced by a dry cough. I actually made dinner to my boys delight.

That night I figure would be much easier to sleep. Hah. I had two of the worst nightmares in a long time that left me perplexed and frightened. Even a day later, the dreams are vivid. Yuck. I attribute this to my cold which is nothing but an occasional cough.

Ca la vie. Have a great day. Three days to Oprah!! Hooray.


No comments: