Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Just Knowing" copyrighted DoeSister 2008

Did you ever just know something? Call it intuition, your gut, or just knowing, the label is not important but the meaning is. Intuition according to the New Webster dictionary means quick and ready insight or my definition: just knowing.
Most people experienced intuition on some level in their lifetime and some use it quite often. From business people to mothers, intuition plays a vital role in our lives. I can honestly admit to using it a third of the time. I remember years ago using an exercise from Laura Day’s book titled Practical Intuition for a job I had applied for. At the time, I had my resume out for two positions but one I really wanted. I did the exercise and wrote down in detail the job even noting the color of the paint in the lobby. About a month later I was in the neighborhood and decided to pass by the office. To my astonishment the paint was the same color I noted. Now months later, there on business I had the opportunity to visit first hand. I did intuitively get the paint colors correct for the next door office and albeit I had taken the other job I applied for. I thought I was using intuition but I wasn’t experiencing its full power. Looking closer at this ; I recognize that I was getting a job even better than the one I longed for, in the same environment I wanted and even better hours.
Just knowing things are going to work out is intuition. Just knowing the right thing to do is intuition. Just knowing everything will be okay is intuition.
For women, it’s been labeled mother’s instinct, for men their gut feeling. At this moment hundreds of men on the trading floors of stock exchanges and brokerage firms are using their own version of intuition. Even famous people, like Albert Einstein and Oprah use it and I bet even Warren Buffet. I have this theory of Warren Buffet just knowing. It goes something like this if I can put it into words because I just know. Buffet’s approach to investing has intrigued many, while most investing today is done short term, his approach to it is long term or termed value investing. How did he know a stock like Coke would grow to what it is today? I call it “just knowing.” Instead of looking to the immediate I think Buffet uses his intuition and believes these companies would exponentially grow, this my friend is called “Just Knowing.” I am not inferring his entire fortune rests on intuition but I would guess a large percentage is bestowed on it.
“Knowing just Knowing” is trusting yourself enough to regard those gut feelings or intuition that is in you, in everybody. Like just knowing I will have a great day, bye.

No comments: