Monday, September 22, 2008

Asking the dead

I often wonder in minute situations my mother's opinion and surely I am not alone on this one. Like today, I could use her advice on a home remedy for my little one's cold? Or does she have a secret ingredient for chicken soup. Sometimes I forget if she even made chicken soup. My mother died almost twenty years ago and not a day goes by when I think of her or need to ask her a question. I have five doe sisters but it doesn't add up to a mother's touch. A service for asking the dead is needed. Your deceased loved one just a call away! What a cool invention, no offense to the channelling your spirit industry. Being able to call your dead mom for a quick chat is a novel idea. My Doe's offer advice all the time: some good, some idiotic and some not warranted but really some things are better broached with your mom, dead or alive. Especially the non-judgemental and motherly words because face it mothers are also over bearing, opinionated, and sometimes nosy. By the way, I make a yummy chicken soup and my son is back to school healthy and lively as any seven year old. Right about now he is proving my point as he litters the snack wrapper wondering what his mom would think if she knew. Mother's opinions are warranted not necessarily always right but welcomed but in my case.

No comments: