Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lynn Samuels

One day while driving I turned on Sirius to channel 107 to listen as I drove somewhere in late summer. I heard this screeching Brooklyn accent of a woman cussing and talking real fast about politics and taking callers. Over time, I became a listener of Lynn Samuels; I will be the first to say she was the type some needed to time to acquire a taste for. For instance, the time I tuned in as she ranted on and on about Obama, not in the mood for politico bashing I tuned her out.

But like wine, the more I tried the more I liked. It was not so much her politics as it was her wit and the fact she spoke like a sailor that entertained me. She made me laugh as I drove around on the weekends and captivated my interests on her broad range of subjects. It was then I learned a little about her: from the Bronx she had a long career on WABC in New York before landing at Sirius on America Left about eight years ago. Always a raunchy left wing on air personality, Ms Samuels apparently hit a few too many hot buttons at WABC that lead to her being fired twice. One time she complained about Sirius regulating her to Stars channel 107 on weekends and let me tell you she was not happy. I thought that in itself would she here fired but she was back the following week onto a new subject.

One of my first runs with Lynn Samuels on Sirius made me chuckle as she cussed her opinion about the Republicans and the last show I caught was her take on looking for a place in Arizona. Like I said, she was new to me in 2011 and I grew to like her and today on this Sunday morning Ms Samuels is missed. Maybe I'll tuned into Gayle King on CBS morings.

No comments: