Friday, January 27, 2012

Starchy!

Is it not sad the only thing on my mind this morning was how could I starch my shirt without starch.  How sad is that?  So, I let the impulse get the better of me and Googled until I found a recipe.  For those of you needing to know this, not, here it is anyway:

  • 1 tablespoon of corn starch
  • 2 cups of cold water
  • essential oil (optional)
  1. Mix corn starch and water until dissolved, mixture will turn murky which is ideal.  
  2. Add essential oil for fragrance (optional)
  3. Pour in spray bottle
  4. Shake well with each use
  5. Lightly spray over clothing then iron away. 
That's what was on my mind today as I pack my son's clothing for Cub camp and decide whether to jump back under the cover on this second day of my period when the cramps are bad.  Starching triumphed my very inviting bed.

What else is on my mind?  A shit load of negative crap that I carry around like people carry bank cards.  The rest of my day will be spent working from my home office now that I have homemade starch.  
How's the book coming along you ask?  Pretty shitty right now.  It's haunting me.  Every time I reread the first chapter, I hear the inner critic bash it, commas and all.  So until that f&%*ing critic goes on holiday I refuse to open it, even though I have a self imposed deadline of eight weeks.  Tally-ho chaps.  



No comments: