Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Word of the Day

I love words. I love leaning new words. I love opening a musty old dictionary to any page and let my eyes scroll over the columns, from right to left, my specialty. Two years ago, I came upon the word "Pollyanna" and fell in love with it, probably how it rolled over my lips, not necessarily what it meant. Well, kinda what it meant but more how it sounded.

Today, my word of the day is strife, yesterday it was kerfuffle. Kerfuffle is a cute and polite way I think of saying there is some kind of row or disagreement going on. Strife follows in the same line or definition as kerfuffle. Go figure today is a full moon and all the tension leading up to this showing of the moon should put to rest the explosive energy lurking around.

Tomorrow's word of the day will to me and it will be on a lighter and more entertaining note.




No comments: