Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's always something

Many many years ago, before debits cards were so widely available, I encountered a little problem with mine while paying at the salon. The older lady with awful copper red dyed hair, a fixture in the salon and predated my arrival, said to me in her broken thick French accent '' it's always something with you''.

Of course, on the outside I laughed it off but on the inside my delicate being felt trashed. Now, I can laughed it off because she was right, it was always something with me. The reason I bring it up is because I read this exact quote "it's always something" last week and chuckled. I can still vividly see the madame's flaming red hair glowing behind the salon counter, her long lanky black sleeved arms and her powder white skin serving patrons.

In truth, life is always something and that's what I think makes us human. If life were a series of repeat scenes, what would be the use? Deep. Maybe. But truthful yes. It's really like Forest Gump's famous saying " Life is like a box of chocolates."

Enjoy your day and I hope it's always something.....interesting.

No comments: