Friday, October 2, 2009

Put on hold

On hold is one of my top pet peeves and I could say it is for most in the modern world with phone service. Yesterday, I attempted to get to make an annual appointment with my OB-GYN, to no avail. While on hold I was put on hold, sounds stupid but it's true. It has something to do with call priority.

So when a message describing a service while on hold you can leave your name and number and a brief message then when your turn comes they call you, I jumped at it. While, I thought what a neat invention, no more waiting on hold. I am still waiting for my call to come some 18 hours later. Invention and convenience my a$$.

All this advance in technology and inventiveness adds more time and effort. Push 3 for appointments, push two for emergency. Call priority is a cruel joke.

What happen to the day the secretary answered by the third ring and quickly gave you an appointment. And while I am on the topic of doctors, why can they not keep to their schedules. It's the rudest thing to have your clients sit there for two hours only to be rushed through a medical appointment. I wonder if they give a course in med school on punctuality or client relations.

I recall a conversation between to women about phone calls and something she said stood out. If she did not answer her business line by the third ring she generally lost business. Now, should this not be the same for doctors? Without clients what are they, men/women with lab coats and awful necklaces.

Ah, some 18 hours later and another morning of being on hold for twenty minutes I finally got through for an appointment in February 2010. Please stay on the line in order to maintain your call priority. LOL.



No comments: