Friday, August 20, 2010

Eat Pray Love

I cannot wait to see Eat Pray Love starring my favourite actress Julia Roberts. After reading the book, I realized if one could rise from the ashes of a nervous breakdown and write about it anything was possible for me and Elizabeth Gilbert. Around the time the book was released, I went through a rough patch in my life. I questioned the validity of everything and felt fucked up too. Although, I did not cross continents to solve my issues, I admired and revelled in her pureness in discussing her pain in print. I even questioned the integrity of her writing. Was she writing for an audience or did she really feel those words?
Because, some of her words resonated with me and I did not need to learn she was a charlatan. That would have blown my world in pieces. As I later learned, she wrote simply and quite witty a biography of her breakdown in life and marriage. Early this year I got to hear Ms. Gilbert speak in person at an Oprah event and she again came across as down to earth, non-presumptuous person plus she is an amazing story-teller.
Here comes: Dinner Movie Coffee

No comments: