Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Easter - "Christos Anesti!"

When I was young Easter marked the one event of the year I could count on when my mother adorned her daughters with new clothes for church. One year, I got a new tan knee length coat, another year a new dress and the next a new hat. Skipping ropes, marbles and chocolate were added bonus too. At that young age, I had no clue Easter would come twice in my home as an adult. Traditional Easter this coming weekend and Orthodox Easter the following.

This Sunday, Easter is with my sister and her family. She's doing most of the cooking and baking, something she loves. Of course, my boys will overdose on chocolate, luckily they can run it off outdoors. Best is spending the day with my sisters and their families.

Next Sunday, Orthodox Easter is at my home and celebrated with my in-laws and some of my family too. In my books, it tops celebrations. It's the most important time in the Orthodox calendar culminating with a huge festive dinner on Sunday.

What's not to love. Happy Easter, "Christos Anesti!"

No comments: