Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays

As the holiday rush comes to an end, all last minute gifts and errands done or so I hope so, why not reflect on the past year. With the loss of my dad I gained maturity. With a marriage to my longtime love I gained a husband, whom I love with all my heart. My boys are one year older. This time 13 years ago, we traveled to spend Christmas with my family in the Northeast only to travel back hours later when my water broke exactly at midnight Christmas Eve. Two days later my son was born, yes I said two days later on Boxing Day.

The biggest change for the better is me. In the span of a year, I matured into a woman. Someone I sought for a long time but who was there all along. I am happy and a heck of a lot smarter. I love me. This coming year is going to be great for my career which appears to be heading in the right direction, my boys are healthy and my husband is terrific. A girl could ask for no more but I will. As we welcome Christmas this year I am filled with gratitude for my wonderful family, my health and the health of my family, our home and life. Have a wonderful holiday from me with tons of love.

No comments: