Thursday, August 21, 2008

Summer Vacations

I survived!! It's hard to believe there are less than two weeks left of summer vacation and I am here to write about it. As a freshman of sorts, staying home with my boys for the summer is one of the best things I did in my life. I spent the first part of the summer trekking back and forth from the local pool, dodging the rain each day. Hot husband had a four week vacation that began week two of summer vacation. By the final week of his vacation we were close to divorce. Spending every waking hour together was nerve racking and tense by week three of his vacation. Let me say I was happy to have him home and happy to see him back to work. Next summer, I plan on spending two weeks at home during his vacation and the other two weeks out of town. One month into summer vacation, my boys were getting bored and on my nerves. I was running out of things to do and wondering if it was too late to sign them up for camp...... One day I had a brilliant plan to spend the day on the waterfront downtown and enjoy some of the attractions, we were taking the train into the city but missed it. So already behind schedule, I raced to the waterfront and paid dearly with a speeding ticket bigger than my monthly car payment and more demerit points than I wish to share. None the less at the end of the day, we had a great time and all was forgotten about my traffic violation. Next summer I know to plan better for activities and consider summer camp for the boys to hang out with kids their age. Here's to the last days of summer, surviving, and to my sanity.

No comments: