Monday, July 11, 2011

All the right horses! All the wrong days!


Ever ask yourself if everything you're doing is wrong? Well, that's how I feel today. On the job front, I am feeling the effects of not being up to par with the young job market. Last week, I interviewed for a position I was over qualified for. I was willing to start at the low end of the pay scale just to get back into the work thing. Funny, the guy never called me back. Then, I realized a dear friend or so I thought blew me off last week, upfront. He insisted we get together this week not last but posted on FB how he is stuck at O'Hare on his way home. WTF!

It's clear I managed to piss off not only family but now friends. It's days like these you ask what did I do wrong? If the universe could be honest, I would know that I am not one to hold back what I think and feel. I am uncomfortable with some social niceties, really, I am put off with the "pussy footing around" and rather just use a more direct approach. Is my approach catching up to me?

What I do know for sure is to be honest with myself: I am smart, intelligent and resilient. I am blessed beyond belief to have family and really good friends I could count on. I mentioned to a friend yesterday, how I like to move forward and tend to like friends who do the same. Am I the same person I was last year? Comme ce comme sa. I may still hold certain things dear to me and I tend to let go of things that don't work while evolving each day. I guess this is one of the reasons social niceties weigh me down. They require patience and diplomacy, two things I lack.

So instead of feeling down, I am using my resiliency to look at ways to adapt to the changing job market and let go of friends who don't really work anymore. As for O'Hare guy, he got stuck in a layover for 10 hours, from his posted not a happy camper. Life is funny sometimes.

No comments: